That's right we are hosting a CHILI COOK-OFF!! Get your chef's hats & clever recipes ready, we are having a show down!
Huge bragging rights as well as some seriously sweet PRIZES!
TO ENTER as a contestant PLEASE COMMENT in the Facebook discussion here: https://www.facebook.com/events/572000853353548/
with your name and a private message will be sent to you for some additional info & you will be added to the list!
1. True chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other ingredients. This contest theme will be: SAVORY chilis
2. There is no entry fee for the cooks
3. Contestants may enter more than 1 batch of chili. There will be an award for first place & most creative!
3. All ingredients must be pre-cooked prior to the event – chili is to be brought ready to eat
4. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own utensils and products related to their chili submission and maintenance of its proper temperature for serving. An electrical outlet will be available for each entry and a crockpot is recommended. Spoons and cups for use in serving chili to the general public will be provided. Condiments will not be provided
5. Each contestant must cook a minimum of four (4) quarts of competition chili. A portion of this chili will be submitted to the judges
6. Each contestant will be assigned a “contestant number” by the scorekeeper and be given a container in which their chili will be collected for official judging.
7. Judging will be based on score cards which are numbered. 50% of the final tally will be from judges score cards. 50% will be from scorecards from “people’s choice.”
8. There will not be an area for cleaning of dishes.
In this competition the chili will be blind judged (no one knows the identity of the cook) and scorecards will be based on the following five characteristics:
1. Texture: The texture of the meat shall not be tough or mushy
2. Flavor: The chili should have good flavoring
3. Consistency: Chili should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy not too thin or too thick
4. Spice and taste: Blending of the spices and how well they have permeated the meat
5. Color: The submitted chili should look appetizing
There will be a People’s Choice ballot box for people to score the chili. Scorecards will be collected at the end of the judging and tallied and that score added to the final tally.
BrewHound will provide the cups and spoons for sampling chili and containers for your competition chili submission. *
Power will be available to keep crock pots hot
There will be an overall winner & a most creative winner but remember the theme is SAVORY!
Tickets will be sold for small cups tastings of the chilis and votes will be cast.
***Ticket proceeds will benefit Fur Sisters - Furever Urs Rescue, Inc!
Rain or Shine // Family Friendly